Thursday, October 16, 2014



Today (Thursday, October 16th), it was gray and rainy again, but I set off to take some pictures of some of the interesting architecture and sights in my neighborhood.  I did some of that, but got interested in all of the street art I saw and decided that today's entry will focus on the street art in the Butte aux Cailles. 

The Butte is a favorite canvas of Paris street artists.  These five first examples are on a passage (alley) from the street where I am staying--perhaps 200 feet from my front door.












Many of the "portrait-style" of art are by "Miss Tic," a prolific and--I gather--rather famous street artist.



  Pretty cool.  But not as much diversity as I saw in some of the other art.   But cool.

This one reminds of a book I read.
 A couple of rear views.


Some are a little scarey . . .

And some are just fun!







I'll do a post soon with pictures of the Butte and I'll try to capture the charm of the buildings and the little parks and the whole neighborhood, but in the meantime, I hope you enjoyed the art show!

Au revoir!





3 comments:

  1. There's some really funky street art in that area. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing! I need to head over there and check out that neighborhood. Thanks for sharing your Paris discoveries with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love street art! These are great

    ReplyDelete