Friday, October 24, 2014

Thursday, October 23rd, I went to the Louvre Museum.    There is a special exhibit there about medieval Morocco from the Idris dynasty in the 700's through various Berber dynasties into the 160o0's.  It's a wonderful and well-curated exhibit.  No photography allowed.

Interesting fact:  Morocco was the first nation to recognize the United States as an independent nation  The Moroccan-American Friendship Treaty,  signed in 1786, stands as the U.S.'s oldest non-broken friendship treaty.
 
Afterward I wandered through the Dutch and French pictures for an hour or two--no agenda, just revisiting some old favorites.   I took a couple of pictures in the museum.

Since I was at the Grand Cerf Passage yesterday, I took some pictures of some "grands cerfs" in the sculpture gallery.


I always like to look when I'm at the 2nd floor picture galleries, out the window to see how many folks are still in line to come into the Louve.

I did photograph two pictures.
Utrecht's Peacock and Birds in the Backyard.  I just like the colors and composition.  Guess I'm just a farm girl at heart.

And the presumed portrait of Gabrielle d'Estrées and Her Sister, the Duchess of Villars, artist unknown (for my friend Roz who I know is following this blog).

When I left, the museum was still crowded--I have to remember to come in the evening or just two hours before it closes, but I had thought that there would be fewer people here in October.



Au revoir to the Louvre. 


1 comment:

  1. The Louvre is so big I wonder if anyone has seen it all. You can spend a whole day in one wing. :-)

    ReplyDelete