Saturday, November 1, 2014

This is a planting beside the bus stop in Place d"Italie

Friday, October 31st was a bright, sunny day with temperatures in the 70's--in other words it was summer in Paris again!  I took a few hours to wander randomly along some back streets in 6th and 7th arrondissments and I took a few pictures.

If you are a Parisian or a shopper, you'll probably recognize the Square Boucicaut.


 It's located adjacent to the department store, Bon Marché.

I went in to look around.  Immediately I ran into large logos for Gucci and Prada.    When I saw this sculpture there, I couldn't decide which was which.
I wandered through the store--where they were in the process of putting out their Christmas decorations--but was disheartened by the prices and moved on.

This is the French version of zip car.  All electric I think.
 This little square houses the Delacroix Museum which was closed to install an exhibition.  Next time.
 I managed to get back to La Maison du Chou and bought some chou for later.  The creme puffs are wonderful!

Many beautiful store windows with creative displays.   Do you want one of these?


 Finally I reached the Seine.  The Louvre looked like it was made of gold.
 The bouquinistes were all open.

 For 10 euros you could guess under which of the three boxes the little white stone was hiding.

 A very enterprising young man with his Moto-Café!

Walking up Boulevard Saint Michel, there was an Autumnal Market.  Mostly regional food specialties.

 Huge wheels of nougat for Christmas.

 And food from Spain.
 The green here is wasabi.


But some other things as well.


Then back to my apartment in the cobble-stoned mews.

Saturday will be a day of rest for my knees, but stay tuned for new adventures on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment