Tuesday, November 4, 2014


The fountain at the Café de la Mosque--there were birds in it!

Today is Tuesday, November 4th and since it isn't raining I decided to walk to the Jardin des Plantes, Paris' Botanical Gardens, Zoo and an interesting museum complex (Natural History, Minerals, Evolution, Paleontology).   The gardens were established in 1626 when the physicians of Louis XIII, founded a royal medicinal herb garden here, and then a school of botany, natural history and pharmacy. 

By the time I got there, it was a little after noon so I walked a block or so further to the Paris Mosque and the Moroccan style Café de la Mosque.  Time for lunch.


I began with some sweet mint tea, and then had a lamb tagine with prunes, onions and almonds.
All delicous!

 And then the Coupe Orientale--Green Tea, Honey, Nougat w/pistachio ice cream.

Then I walked through the Jardin des Plantes for about an hour and a half.    The gardens are beginning to put themselves away for the winter.




 Even the carousel has gone to sleep for the winter.

 But there is some resistance.


 I'm not sure what these are, I just know I'd like some.
 And finally, I think, it really is the last rose of summer.

 Such a lovely park.

There is a zoo at the Jardin.  It was closed but you could see just a few of the animals from a distance.  I can't resist sharing this one.
 Some long lost relative must have discovered these.
I walked home from the Jardin des Plantes, a little sad that the museums weren't open on Tuesday.  Maybe another rainy day . . . .

I stopped to watch the men in my neighborhood playing boules.  They are there every day, rain or shine.  There seem to be two groups of six men each and they play at either end of an area just at the bottom of my street.



 I think that if it rains again tomorrow, I may go to the movies.  We'll see.

Au revoir.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely café! Really enjoying your blog, Alwina - just got caught up with the past 5 or 6 days. Love your photos!

    PaulaVa

    ReplyDelete