Tuesday, November 11, 2014






I began the day at the Palais Royal, a favorite spot of my good friend Ingrid, and someplace I like to visit whenever I'm in town.

 More roses--I don't think I'm going to find the last rose of summer in France.


It was way too early for anything to be open, so I went in search of a cup of coffee and a pleasant place to drink it.

I got rather more than I expected, but it was a great bowl of coffee--one of the best I've had this trip.
Then I wandered over to one of the two covered passages I intended to visit that day.  The Passage Colbert
This passage isn't filled with shops, but rather official offices, but it is nonetheless quite beautiful.


 There is a restaurant which is quite elegant and serves a magnificent hot chocolate.

The Passage Vivienne was my next stop.  This passage is filled with charming shops and interesting galleries.  Of the passages I visited this trip, it's the most classically beautiful.

 I bought a book!
 A great garden bench.
The planter to the right of the chair is a large green (mossy) bull.


 It makes you want to buy something when it's so prettily presented.  I guess that's the idea?


Just around the corner from the passages is La Bourse, the historic Paris stock exchange.
 Looks like an interesting (locavore?) restaurant located inside.

I ended the morning where I began, the Palais Royal.




I think I'll probably do one more post to this blog when I get home.   I have some photos I'd like to share that--believe it or not--I did not post already!  So stay tuned for a final post in the next week or so.

Au revoir!  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment